The Big Questions
Jonathan Hill explores how Christian thinkers, as well as selected philosophers and other religious leaders, have addressed key issues over the centuries. Considering the arguments for and against each position, he encourages readers to think the issues through for themselves in this enjoyable, discursive book.
– How can we believe in God when there is so much suffering?
– Does science mean the end of religion?
– Does life after death really exist?
– Is freedom just an illusion?
– Is there such a thing as evil?
– Have we any good reason to believe in God?
– What is the ultimate goal of life?
– What does it mean to lead a good life?