Lion Hudson Alliance
The Lion Hudson Alliance is a reciprocal partnership with bookshops to enable effective selling of the best of Christian books to the widest possible readership. Membership is available at several levels but all Alliance partners benefit from:
• All new titles supplied on a see-safe basis.
• All orders carriage free, regardless of invoice value.
• Annual stock-swap returns facility on all Lion Hudson stock over 12 months old, in exchange for a backlist order of 125% value of returns.
At the higher level of partnership we ask retailers to support a limited number of new titles supplied with Point of Sale materials. These titles will be appropriate to your customer base.
All we ask is that Alliance partners maintain a core stock range across the Lion Hudson imprints as agreed with our Lion Hudson Area Sales Managers, and take part in our three Lion Hudson corporate promotions each year. These are based around Christmas, Easter and Summer.
Membership level: Alliance Gold
In addition to Alliance Bronze and Silver, Alliance Gold members will also receive the ‘Buyer’s Choice’ promotion.
‘Buyer’s Choice’ is a bi-monthly promotion of up to six titles at deeply discounted prices. These will be scaled out in quantities of no more than six copies of each title, together with POS for a dedicated shelf display. These will be exclusive offers to Alliance Gold customers. Every other month we will refresh the ‘Buyer’s Choice’ promotional stock and recall any overstocks. All titles can be reordered during the promotional period via your ASM or the Trade Sales Co-ordinator.
CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. To keep in stock at all times a core list of Lion Hudson titles (updated annually) and to co-operate with your Lion Hudson Area Sales Manager to monitor and maintain stock levels.
2. To order new titles and backlist from Marston Book Services.
3. To display new titles for a minimum of three months.
4. To participate in the three annual Lion Hudson corporate promotions: Easter, Summer and Christmas.
5. To use Point of Sale units provided by Lion Hudson exclusively for Lion Hudson titles.
6. To maintain your account in a creditworthy condition. Lion Hudson reserves the right to discontinue membership of the Alliance if your account with us is consistently in arrears.
7. To work with Lion Hudson to reduce returns levels and to ensure that returns are always authorised by a Lion Area Sales Manager. Authorised returns of new titles are accepted between three and twelve months from publication. Any titles exceeding twelve months will be subject to an annual stock-swap option.
8. That if you wish to withdraw from the Alliance scheme you will give at least three months’ notice in writing.